Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Crochet procrastination...crochastination?

So...I should be writing assignments for uni, but instead I keep picking up the crochet hooks. This is becoming a problem.

Because I can't help myself, I ended up finishing the stashbusting (but not really 'cos I had to buy way more yarn) ripple blanket that I blogged about last time.
I decided on a simple edging of white, then the hot pink sc around. On the short ends, I used a diagonal edging by Le Monde De Sucrette which was super easy and not too frilly.
Looking all pretty on our QS bed - I love curling up under this at night. What is it about handmade bedding that makes it so much more cosy?
Ta-dah! My first go at The Little Bee's Sunday Shawl pattern. I decided on a whim to join the CAL going on Ravelry. There's still heaps of time to join in - prizes up for grabs!
I'm loving the border colours so much. I had to frog them a few times as my colour palette had too many brights and no pastels. Then I culled it down to these colours and added a few from the stash.
It screams Spring.
Hubby is off on a ski trip this weekend, so he requested a beanie. Lucky for me he chose the simplest pattern I had and didn't want the horns. So, it only took an hour or so from start to finish. I love these quick projects! Pattern is by Mamachee on ravelry.
Finally, I've been on a japanese crochet book buying binge. This doily pattern I first saw on one of my all time favourite blogs, Coco Rose Diaries. The border was a little tricky, particularly since Im' not used to using 4ply yarn. This one went to my Nan for her birthday a couple of weeks ago. I'm already onto my second one...hooked (badoom ching).

Oh, and if you'd like to follow me on Ravelry, here's my project page link. :D

Now, to get those assignments finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Leave a comment :)